The ASTM A192 belongs to the carbon seamless tubes, which is
specially designed for high, middle, low pressure purpose in
seamless carbon steel boilers and as super heater tubes.
- ASTM A192- American Society for Testing Materials standard
- ASME SA192 -American Society of Mechanical Engineers standards
This guide covers standard specifications for
minimum-wall-thickness, seamless carbon steel boiler and
superheater tubes for high-pressure service. The steel shall
conform to the required chemical composition for carbon, manganese,
phosphorus, sulfur, and silicon. The tubes shall have a hardness
number not exceeding a specific value. The following mechanical
tests shall be conducted, namely: flattening test; flaring test;
hardness test; and hydrostatic test.
This abstract is a brief summary of the referenced standard. It is
informational only and not an official part of the standard; the
full text of the standard itself must be referred to for its use
and application. ASTM does not give any warranty express or implied
or make any representation that the contents of this abstract are
accurate, complete or up to date.
- This specification covers minimum-wall-thickness, seamless carbon
steel boiler and superheater tubes for high-pressure service.
- The tubing sizes and thicknesses usually furnished to this
specification are ½ in. to 7 in. [12.7 to 177.8 mm] outside
diameter and 0.085 to 1.000 in. [2.2 to 25.4 mm], inclusive, in
minimum wall thickness. Tubing having other dimensions may be
furnished, provided such tubes comply with all other requirements
of this specification.
- Mechanical property requirements do not apply to tubing smaller
than 1/8 in. [3.2 mm] inside diameter or 0.015 in. [0.4 mm]
- The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be
regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the SI units are
shown in brackets. The values stated in each system are not exact
equivalents; therefore, each system must be used independently of
the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in
nonconformance with the specification. The inch-pound units shall
apply unless the ‘M’ designation of this specification is specified
in the order.
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM Specification.
- The tubes Shall be Seamless and the testing shall be as per A 450 /
Application: apply to the heat exchangers, condensers and heat
transfer equipment and similar pipe.
- Pipes are supplied with marking according to standard and customer
- Marking is paint on the ends of pipes.
- The same data, as well as additional information per customer’s
request, is indicated on the bundle’s tags.
- Pipes are supplied in hexagonal bundles or round bundles tied with
- Weight of bundle-up to 5000 kg upon request of customer.
- Each bundle is furnished with three tags.
Chemical Compositions(%) of ASTM A192
Mechanical Properties of ASTM A192
|Yield Strength (Mpa)||Tensile Strength (Mpa)||Elongation (%)|